Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Easy Journalling strip tutorial

The wonderful week with Bella Blvd continues with this layout using their new sports collection. The colours worked great for my travel page. It seems like every time I use this journalling strip technique someone asks how it is done, so today I have also posted a quick photo tutorial to show you how is works.


The things that you will need are a very cheap Dymo labeller, I got mine at staples, {I believe that it was around $7.00} However I believe any manual embossing labeller will work if you can access the feed. Core'dinations Cardstock, a sanding block and a paper trimmer.


The first thing that you need to do is cut strips of  core'dinations cardstock to match the the width of your feed, mine is 3\8 inch
I highly recommend using a HIGH contrast color core, this will make your text easier to read.


Click the trigger a few times very lightly to feed the paper in, and then select the letter you want, giving the labeller a good firm squeeze for each letter. You will notice that I have to leave the "door" open to allow the paper to feed through.


Lastly place you newly embossed journalling strip on a flat surface and sand lightly to reveal the text.


VOILA, wonderful journalling strips


and a little close up of this very technique.


I hope that you will give it a try and if you do, please share on Core's facebook page. We love to see what you do.
TTFN:)

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. I am yet to try this one...thanks for reminding me!!!lovin the bright primary colours in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout and that technique-I have a label maker and am going to give this a try! Thanks for the great pics and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!!! Love the layout! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I didn't really think I would ever get\need a dymo labeller, but you've convinced me. I ADORE this look and want to try it ridiculously BADLY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...